Customers value trust and dependency, especially when it comes to managing their hard-earned money.
They want to know that there are people working day and night to keep their finances secure, and ready to act quickly and professionally in the unlikely event that their personal information comes under threat.
The Pockit team recognise this which is why we are constantly looking at ways to keep our customers’ money safer.
We want our customers to feel confident using their Pockit card and account whenever and wherever they like, but it is important to remember that there are always people looking to dishonestly convince you to part with cash.
We would remind all customers to be vigilant with emails received and pop-up windows on websites.
Here are some simple tips to keep your Pockit card and account safe:
· Sign your Pockit card as soon as you receive it
· Keep your Pockit card PIN in a confidential place, separate from your card (or memorise it)
· Destroy and throw away copies of anything that displays your Pockit card number
· Research any online retailer you are unfamiliar with before making a purchase
· Check out unfamiliar companies by calling your local consumer protection agency
· Never provide information that you’re uncomfortable giving
· Never give anyone the password that you use to log into your Pockit account
· Make sure you run regular antivirus checks on your computer
If something doesn’t feel quite right when using your Pockit card, be sure to approach it with an appropriate level of caution. It could save you a great deal of hassle in the long run.
It’s important to emphasise that, for the majority of customers, situations of this kind will never arise.
Nevertheless, you can take comfort in knowing that the Pockit team are always here to assist you and ensure that your hard-earned Pockit funds are protected at all times.
James Nurse - Operations Team - http://cdn.pockit.com/images/JamesN_headshot.png